scott travels giving presentations, trainings, workshops and film screenings on various topics around social, economic, environmental and political issues . Since 2000 he has appeared at over 200 universities, public forums, community centers , non-profits and congregations in the US, Canada and Mexico sharing information with thousands of people, organizations and communities. His talks are built to engage and move people for action within themselves or in their communities. They are tailored for audiences large and small and all interests and skill levels.
• ‘Black Flags and Windmills: Creating power from below’
• ’What Me Worry? The rise of the surveillance state and ways to resist’
• ‘Radical Propaganda: The importance of creating and using media’
• ‘Mutual Aid & Solidarity to Creating Living Utopias and Disaster Preparedness’
• ‘Exploring anarchy and Enriching Our Lives’
• ‘The politics of possibilities: moving beyond opposition’
• ‘Worker Cooperatives: Creating self sufficiency, funding and gaining power’
• ‘Anarchism, Animal Liberation and Radical Environmental movements: Intersections from the past to today’
• ‘ Piercing the Glass Ceiling: How non-profits can support real grassroots movements’
scott will introduce the film, followed by in depth discussion/ Q&A or workshops
Issues covered: domestic surveillance /spying, the use of informants, the war on terror, history of political repression, patriarchy, Hurricane Katrina.
“A kind of “Fog of War” for the age of Occupy” – Indiewire
“An absorbing puzzle with the potential to intrigue viewers all along the political spectrum.” – Variety
Better This World (2012)
Issues covered: domestic surveillance /spying, the use of informants, the war on terror, history of political repression, patriarchy, Republican National Convention cases
“a direct reflection of post-9/11 paranoia”- The New York Times
"The stark reality of America's post-9/11 surveillance state is laid bare in this riveting documentary.”- Time Out London
Angola 3: Black Panthers and the Last Slave Plantation (2008) This is a film he co-produced. Issues covered: case of the Angola 3, political prisoners, solitary confinement, prisons, history of political repression, Black Panther Party.
"it is full of rich historical accounts and would be an excellent source for those studying systemic racism, prison reform or abolition, and contemporary social justice movements".
- Political Media Review
• Creating the politics of possibilities
• Preparing your community for future disasters
• How to create power sharing coops/businesses
• Radical Propaganda: How to create and use the media: social, grassroots and corporate to shift ideas
• Mutual Aid & Solidarity to Creating Living Utopias and Disaster Preparedness
• Piercing the Glass Ceiling:Rethinking how non-profits can support real grassroots movements efforts’